Dental restorations can be used to restore decayed teeth, replace missing teeth, or improve the appearance of a smile. Our dentist may recommend a dental restoration if a tooth has a large cavity, a crack, a chip, or significant wear and tear. Dental restorations are also often used after a tooth has undergone root canal therapy or after a tooth has been treated with a dental filling. Teeth restorations may also be used to correct minor alignment issues or spacing issues.
Dental restorations repair or replace the structure or function of a tooth. There are different types of restorations that a dentist in Oklahoma City, OK may provide. The most common types include:
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
- Inlays and onlays
When Are Dental Restorations Recommended?
Dental restorations have many uses. They can:
- Replace missing, broken, or decayed teeth
- Strengthen teeth that are weak or fragile
- Enhance the appearance of misshapen or discolored teeth
- Protect the teeth from damage
- Prevent the need for more extensive treatment
Empress Restoration System
At our dental office, we use the Empress restorations system to design and fabricate our dental restorations. Empress is known to be a world leader in dental ceramics, and their dental restorations are well-acclaimed for their high strength, durability, and aesthetics.
An Empress restoration is made of Empress porcelain which is an advanced ceramic that is highly compatible with the body.
At our dental office, we manufacture each restoration using a special heat-pressed glass ceramic and a distinctive veneer glaze. The heat-pressed glass ceramic produces compressive stress during the manufacturing of the restoration, thus reducing the risk of breakage. The strength and durability of the restoration are enhanced by the veneer glaze, thus resulting in a long-lasting, aesthetic, and natural-looking dental restoration.
What Are the Benefits of Empress Restorations?
The major benefits offered by Empress restorations are the following:
- Offer a natural, comfortable, and durable solution to restore or repair your teeth
- Are biocompatible
- Do not affect your other teeth
- Easily applied
- Non-toxic and metal-free
- Exceptional polishing properties
- Translucent to attain your ideal appearance
- Easy shading to match the color of the other teeth in the mouth
What Can I Expect From This Procedure?
The procedure may involve the following steps:
- Planning your restorative dental treatment
- Preparing your tooth to receive the restoration
- Creating the custom-made restoration
- Attaching the restoration
- Checking your bite to make sure your restoration is comfortable
Schedule an appointment today at J. Russell Danner, DDS in Oklahoma City by calling 405-749-1676.